Shiptheory allows you to overwrite the number of boxes on a consignment from the Shiptheory dashboard. However, you may wish to set the number of boxes directly from the Magento admin panel before the order makes it to Shiptheory. This is also possible.
Setting No. of Boxes from Magento
- Open an Order in Magento
- Type boxes = 2 (where 2 is the number of boxes required) into the order comments box
- Ship the order
- This works in both Magento 1 and Magento 2
- The same functionality also works from the Shipment/Delivery Comments on Magento, not only the Order comments
- This feature can work alongside the Delivery Instructions functionality.
- The text string is not case sensitive and does not need spaces. For example, boxes=2 will work as well as Boxes = 2