It is possible to enter special delivery instructions directly from the Magento admin panel before the order makes it to Shiptheory.
Adding Delivery Instructions from Magento
- Open an Order in Magento
- Type instructions = please leave at the side gate into the order comments box
- Ship the order
Shiptheory looks at the order comments for a string matching instructions = instruction text
Can Customers Enter Instructions at Checkout time?
Yes, however Shiptheory provides no directly functionality for this. You will need to edit your store so accept comments from your customers during checkout and enter them into the Order Notes using the format specified above.
- In Magento 1 only (not Magento 2), the same functionality also works from the Shipment/Delivery Comments on Magento, not only the Order comments
- Not all carriers support delivery instructions on shipping labels
- Delivery Instructions can work along side the number of boxes
- The text string is not case sensitive and does not need spaces. For example, instructions=leave at the back door will work as well as Instructions = leave at the back door