A guide to the potential statuses in Shiptheory and what each status means.
Available Shipment Statuses:
- Completed - The shipment was sent a carrier. A tracking number was received back and your channel has been updated. Everything is went smoothly. Completed shipments are automatically archived after 24 hours.
- Archived - Completed shipments that have been printed. It is also possible to manually archive shipments you no longer need. Completed shipments are automatically archived after 24 hours. It is possible to disable automatic archiving, please reach out to support if you need this.
Not Ready - The shipment has been temporarily ignored because your channel settings dictate the shipment is not yet ready to be sent to a carrier. Perhaps this order is still awaiting payment or being processed or picked by a staff member.
- Ignored - The shipment has been ignored as no Shipping Rules match. This is not an error, perhaps you do not want Shiptheory to process this shipment. If you believe a shipment with the Ignored status should have been processed by Shiptheory, check your rules do match this shipment. For example, if your rules are weight based, does the weight of this shipment match your rules?
- Waiting - Most commonly, the consignment has been matched to a shipping rule that requires a Mark for Approval. You will need to go into your "Waiting to Ship" tab to mark a shipment for approval. Once an order has been marked for approval, it will be booked with your carrier and produce a label.
- Failed - There was a problem communicating with the carrier or a channel. Click View on the corresponding shipment and scroll to the bottom. The Shipment History will provide detailed error messages that will help you get to the bottom of the issue.
- Ready - The shipment information has been saved from the channel. The shipment has not yet been sent to the carrier. You will see this status if you happen to look at a shipment while Shiptheory is still processing the order data. Typically this status should only last a couple of seconds.
- Processing - It can take a second or two for Shiptheory to send and retrieve data to and from channels and carriers. During this time, shipments in Shiptheory may show as Processing.
- Insert Coins - If you hit your shipment quota, any additionally shipments will be put into this status. You can purchase a bolt on or upgrade your subscription to increase your shipment quota.
- Print Error - This means something is wrong with the printer or print client, ensure that the printer and print client are running on your computer. If you are unsure on how to resolve this please contact support.
- Scheduled - The consignment has most likely been matched to a shipping rule to "Schedule Label Creation". This order will be booked later on, and a message will appear on the Shipment History letting you know the shipment has been Scheduled.