TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Getting set up in Shiptheory
- Getting set up in Peoplevox
- How Peoplevox behaves with Shiptheory once set up
Getting set up in Shiptheory
Creating your Peoplevox instance
To create a new Peoplevox instance go to you integrations page and click on Peoplevox to add a new integration.
You will be redirected to your Peoplevox integration page. Make a note of the URL shown there.
Getting your API Token
Peoplevox integrations leverage Shiptheory's API to download your shipments. You will therefore need an API token in order to use Peoplevox. Peoplevox integrations use long lasting user tokens, not the short-lived tokens generated by the API's "/token" endpoint.
To generate a token navigate to your user tokens page which can be found by naviagting to the user icon in the bottom left of your screen.
To create a new token enter a name in the text input at the top of the page and click Create. Please note that token names must be unique.
Once you've clicked create you will see your token. Make a copy of it now and keep it safe. This is the only time your token will be displayed.
Getting set up in Peoplevox
Creating your Shiptheory Integration
Log into Peoplevox and select the Integration pane.
Select Carrier Integration and then click Add New
Set the fields to the following:
- Name: Shiptheory
- Timeout: 10000
- Api Key: Your API token you copied
- Endpoint: The endpoint from your integration page
- Tracking number format: Leave blank
- Request schema version: 2.0
Add a document type called "Shipping Label" with the reference of "shipping_label" and map it to a print template of your choice.
Then click Save
Import your Shiptheory configured services into Peoplevox
In order for Shiptheory to update Peoplevox of the actual shipping service selected by automated shipping rules, Shiptheory services also need to be setup in Peoplevox.
To export configured services from Shiptheory go to the Peoplevox integration page and click to get your services CSV:
Review the file. There are four columns: Carrier, Name, Code and OutboundReference.
You must first ensure that any Carrier names (the first column on the CSV) already exist in Peoplevox. You can confirm if they exist by navigating to the Carriers tab in Peoplevox and checking if the carrier exists (under the Name heading, or by using the search). If you need to create a new carrier, you can do so by going clicking Add, typing the name as it appears and then Save.
One the carriers are created or confirmed as existing already, you can go to the Integration section of Peoplevox and navigate to the Integration templates tab (default). The CSV then be uploaded by selecting the "Service types" integration template and clicking import.
How Peoplevox behaves with Shiptheory once set up
When you print request for a Despatch package in Peoplevox a request will be sent to Shiptheory. Shiptheory will use its automated shipping rules to book in a shipment and return a label and tracking number to Peoplevox. Shiptheory will also update the shipping service used for each shipment on the Despatch package in Peoplevox.
Things to look out for
- If you have both the Shiptheory print client and the Peoplevox print client set up and your Shipping rule in Shiptheory is set to print to a printer then you may see the same label printed twice as the 2 clients work independently of each other. If you wish to use the Peoplevox print client then ensure that your shipping rules do not have a printer assigned to them.
- If your shipping rules are not set to create a label then Shiptheory will return a failure response to Peoplevox. Please ensure that your shipping rules are set to immediately create a label and not to schedule a shipment or mark a shipment for approval as otherwise your shipment will still be processed in Shiptheory, but you will not receive a label in Peoplevox.
- When your shipment in Shiptheory is marked as complete any further print requests from Peoplevox will not update any shipment details or create any new carrier bookings. Instead it will skip over these steps and return the shipping label.
- If your Shiptheory services are not setup in Peoplevox, Despatch and Despatch package records in Peoplevox will be updated to "Unknown Carrier / Unknown Service". Following any changes to shipping services configured in Shiptheory, you should reimport your services into Peoplevox following the guide above.