Before you follow this guide to connect Shiptheory with Business Central, you must first configure the Microsoft Dynamics API.
To connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central with Shiptheory, you will need the following:
- Tenant ID
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Company ID
If you do not have them, please take a look at this article: Find the Tenant ID, Client ID & secret and Company ID from Microsoft Dynamics 365 business Central
To connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to Shiptheory
Click on your account email address at the top of the website and from the drop-down menu, select Manage Channels:
Scroll down and click on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 on your account, or you can type to find it:
Enter the information as stated on screen:
Before clicking Save, it is worth taking a moment to look at the Advance Setting.
Setup the Advance Setting
Click on the Advance Settings, you will see the following:
You will find the following Advanced Settings for your reference:
- Connect to Production / Sandbox Environment: You can specific which environment you want Shiptheory to connect to. The environments supported are: "Production" and "Sandbox".
- Use Warehouse Address as sender address
- "Use default Shipping Location": Use the default shipping location entered in the Advanced > Shipping Location page
- "Download and use Warehouse Address": if you want Shiptheory to download an alternative warehouse address from Microsoft Dynamics 365. It is useful to allow shipments that multiple warehouse.
- Ensure Receiver Addresses are the same
- Choose "Yes, check all item addreses" if you want Shiptheory to see if the addresses for the same sale order are the same. Normally, the "ship to" address should be the same for the same sale order in a warehouse shipment
- Otherwise choose "No, use the first item address". Shiptheory will then use the address of the first item in a sale order as the send-to address for the whole order.
Take note there can be multiple sale orders and each of them with a different "ship to" addresses in a single warehouse shipment.
Save the setting and make a connection test
If you are happy with all the settings, scroll up a bit and click the Save button. Shiptheory will connect to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and displayed a message "Connection is successful" when done.
If you encountered the following error during the connection test (clicking the Save button), you may find the suggested steps to resolve below:
|Error Message||Suggest steps to resolve|
|Unable to authenticate: Please check your Tenant ID, Client ID and Client Secret.|
|Environment does not exist.|
If you have any trouble with getting setup, or unsure of what information to include or just need any clarification - you can reach out to our support team and we'll be happy to help.