Within the shipping rules there is an option to update specific details on a shipment when when the rule is matched, by default this option will not change anything on a shipment and will only do so once you specify the fields you want updated. However you may want change the Currency of a shipment that's going to Spain to Euros (EUR) or set the Delivery Instructions of any shipment that is being booked in with a Next Day service to "Leave Safe".
As of this moment the following fields are available to be updated;
- Weight - The weight of the shipment in kilos (KG)
- Boxes - The number of boxes for this shipment
- Value - The total value of the shipment
- Currency - The currency associated with the value of the shipment. E.g GBP, USD, etc.
- Shipping Method - The delivery that the customer paid for at checkout
- Delivery Instructions - The delivery instruction, E.g "Leave by the bins"
- Shipping Price - The cost of the shipping that the customer paid for at checkout
- Reason for Export - Set the reason for export for any shipments matching this rule
If you have any questions about this functionality, feel free to contact support and we'll be happy to help!