This article is now obsolete.
Please visit this new guide on Getting started with Shiptheory and FedEx
A FedEx Meter Number is something Shiptheory uses to ensure that we return your negotiated rates with FedEx correctly. If you have a FedEx account, you can generate your Meter Number by following some easy steps:
- Sign in to your FedEx account at the FedEx Developer Resource Centre
- On the left menu click the FedEx Web Services link. This is in a nested menu, so you will need to click on the Move to Production link first.
- Scroll down until you see the Get Production Key button and click on it.
- You will need to fill out the FedEx registration form before you can get your FedEx Meter Number. Below is the set of answers you will most likely be using:
Do you intend to resell your software?No
Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: Select the "FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)" option.
Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Corporate Developer
- Accept the terms of service.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Continue through the Developer Info page, and then get your Meter Number on the 5th and final step.
If you run into any issues or have any questions feel free to contact support.