Booking International Priority Freight and Economy Freight Shipments with FedEx is easy with Shiptheory, but does require a couple of additional steps to normal.
- First, ensure that:
- Your shipment is shrink-wrapped and/or banded to a skid
- Your shipment is palletised, stackable, and able to be lifted by forklift
- The total shipment weight exceeds 150 lbs (68 Kg)
Note: Skids exceeding 70" height, 119" length, 80" width, or exceeding 2,200 lbs require prior approval from FedEx.
- All Freight shipments require advance booking confirmation. Call your local FedEx Freight Customer Service team to place a booking and receiver a Freight Booking Confirmation Number.
- UK: 0800 289 747
- US: 1 800 332 0807
- Once you have your shipment Booking Confirmation Number and Shipment Load and Count, you will need to add this information to your shipment's Delivery Instructions in the following format:
bookingconfirmationnumber: XXXXXXXX loadandcount: XXX
This information can be added to any existing shipment delivery instructions. Existing instructions will be preserved and these details will be removed on processing the FedEx shipment.
- You can add the Freight Booking Confirmation Number and Shipment Load and Count to your shipment's delivery instructions in it's original channel, e.g. Brightpearl, Shopify, or TradeGecko, or follow the steps below or add them to an existing Shiptheory shipment.
How to add a Freight Booking Confirmation Number and Shipment Load and Count to an Existing Shiptheory Shipment
- Find your shipment in Shiptheory and, from the drop-down menu to the right, select View:
- In the shipment pop-up, scroll down to the Delivery Instructions field and enter the Booking Confirmation Number and Shipment Load and Count numbers as per the instructions above:
- Scroll back to the top of the shipment pop-up window and select FedEx from the courier field, International Priority Freight or International Economy Freight for the service, Custom Packaging for the format and any desired enhancements.
- Click Create Label to book the shipment.