Setting up the Palletforce Integration within your Shiptheory account is quite simple. Follow the steps below to do so.
To setup the Palletforce integration you need a Palletforce account, if you don't have one you can apply for one with this link.
As the picture below indicates click on "Palletforce" then an option should appear below it called "Settings"
You're going to need to complete the fields below in order for us to connect to Palletforce:
- Customer Account Number - Your unique Customer Account Number assigned by Palletforce.
- Customer System ID - Your unique Customer System ID assigned by Palletforce.
- Associated Depot Code - Your unique Customer System ID assigned by Palletforce.
- FTP Username* - Your FTP username. This will be assigned to you by Palletforce.
- FTP Password* - Your FTP password. This will be assigned to you by Palletforce.
- Manifest Cut-off Time - This is this latest time that a delivery can be processed before your manifest is run.
If you're not sure about any of this information we suggest you contact your Palletforce account manager to help you out.
* At first, you will only be given by Palletforce your Account Number, System ID and Depot Code which will be enough to create some test labels and manifest. Once Palletforce verify that everything is good, they will provide the FTP username and password.
After you've filled these fields in press the Test Connection button to make sure everything is working as intended, when you receive the green confirmation that your connection is fine hit the Save button.
There are some other options in the 'Advanced Settings' that you might want to look at, I've listed them below:
- Delivery Notifications - Are delivery notificiations enabled on your Palletforce account? If so, enable this to pass the receiver's email address and receive delivery notifications. Enabling this with delivery notifications not enabled on your Palletforce account could prevent your shipments from successfully manifesting.
- Automatically Re-pallet Shipments? - If enabled, Shiptheory will automatically change the selected service format if the submitted weight of your shipment exceeds the limits of the selected service. Otherwise, Shiptheory will return an error for your attention. Turning this on could incur higher shipping costs.
- Booking Window Start Time - What time would you like 'Booked Window' and 'Timed Booking' shipments' time windows to start? This is only required if using the 'Booked Window' and 'Timed Booking' enhancements.
Booking Window End Time - What time would you like 'Booked Window' and 'Timed Booking' shipments' time windows to end? This is only required if using the 'Booked Window' and 'Timed Booking' enhancements.
- Shipping Labels - Palletforce will normally supply you with their own shipping labels with the Palletforce logo, telephone number and website details pre-printed. If you are not using labels supplied by Palletforce, Shiptheory can add these details added to your generated PDF labels.
Test Connection is failing
Please confirm you have the correct username and password with your account manager, if you are sure you have the correct details don't hesitate to contact support and we'd be happy to assist from there.
If you have any queries about this integration our support team would be happy to help you out.